Outsourcing your bookkeeping to a cloud bookkeeper – why do it? See if any of these considerations resonate with you.
• Save time. This is the most obvious. As Tina Seelig, Ph.D., puts it, “…time is much more valuable than money because you can use your time to make money, but you can’t use money to purchase more time.” If you’re at the point where your time is better spent on your business than on your back office, it might be time to offload the bookkeeping.
• Save money. How so? You have to pay for a bookkeeper, right? Yes, you do. But an outsourced bookkeeper will cost you far less than an employee, even a part-time employee. (You don’t have costs for advertising, training, or providing benefits, and you don’t need to find office space.) You don’t need to buy software (or even hardware) and keep it updated. And good bookkeepers are in the best position to advise you, sooner rather than later, if something starts to go off the rails, because they are in the books every day. They prevent bills from being paid late so you don’t incur late fees. They know exactly who owes you money and for how long. They see when expenses look out of whack. If the stars line up right, they may even save you more than you pay them. Maybe no one cares as much about your cash flow as you do, but your bookkeeper is a very close second.
• Expertise. Accuracy is critical, or your reports don’t mean anything. And how do you even read those reports? Well, a good bookkeeper will explain them in ways that make sense, and won’t make you feel stupid for asking.
• Transparency and control. You will have up-to-date financial records, all the time. You will have access to your records 24/7/365 from any device and any operating system. Ironically, by delegating the bookkeeping to a professional, you will have more control of your business because when the financial data are continuously up-to-date, you have better business intelligence.
• Data security. Cloud accounting is far safer than your desktop computer, which can be stolen, or your hard drive, which can crash or be much more easily hacked.
• No scrambling. Need a loan? The reports are ready to provide to your accountant. Tax time? Just another day.
• Peace of mind. You can’t quantify it, but you know when you have it, and you know when you need it.
Contact me if you’d like a conversation to see if I might be just the right bookkeeper for your business about now. Consultations are free and there is no obligation.